Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm A Giant! Dollhouse challenge

So, I must admit something…I have an obsessive personality. I also tend to jump into the deep-end without ever asking how deep it is.  Ask any of my friends, I can really get stuck on some odd things: the 4 months I was planning my new garden (it did keep me sane in the deep dark winter months), the nearly a year I spent making the pattern for my wedding dress (it did turn out pretty nice, after many panicked calls to friends about straps). Oh, I could go on….but I think you get the idea.  Well, with the wedding done….the gardening done…the job search still on, I have some obsessive time on my hands, and I’ve found the perfect thing!

About a 2 weeks ago I ran across the “I’m A Giant! Dollhousechallenge”….and I’ve been obsessed.

Thanks so much Emily Henderson! You have made it possible for my hubby to think I’m even nuttier than he already knew I was.

I have scoured the internet for dollhouses….and found everything in my very limited budget uninspiring. I went to toy stores and antique shops and found nothing.

Too granny



Way too simple



A bit too Weebles


Finally I decided that I would have to build it myself.  I think I drew out 8 or 10 different houses and lofts….I wasn’t horribly happy with any of them.


So I started searching the internet again, looking for inspiration. I'll show you som of them next time....until then, check out some of these blogs...
Here are other folks that are riding the miniature crazy train with me! Check them out!

Emily Henderson from Style by Emily Henderson

Erin from Design for Mankind

Orlando from Homme Maker

Corbett from Girl Domestic

Jenny from Little Green Notebook

Nicole from Making it Lovely

Kirstin from Simply Grove

Morgan Statterfield The BrickHouse

Girl Domestic

Susan from Fleurishing

Jesse from My Mod Style

Becca from Tales of a Tumbleweed

Holly from Holly Recommends….

Dulce from La Vita Petite

1 comment:

  1. Asa, this is going to be soo cool. I can't wait to see some in progress pictures. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete